Senior Project Scheduler
Our Project Scheduler works with contractors and owners. For contractors, this position includes development resource loaded schedules, weekly or monthly updating through project closeout. For owners, this position works very closely with the Owner's site construction team to provide cost and progress information that can be used to monitor and verify construction activities to measure performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Utilize Primavera P6 scheduling software to update and document schedule performance on multiple projects.
- Utilize the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Principles and experience to develop Work Breakdown Structures and work with staff to facilitate the development of the project schedule.
- Forecast impacts of variances to aid in the management of the schedule. Use EVMS for the basis of billings.
- Aid Business Development efforts by creating proposal schedules for use in project pursuits for clients.
- Perform weekly and or monthly updates and recovery schedules.
- Analyze delivery impacts, time extensions, claims, etc.
- Implement controls to avoid claims.
- Interact with third party scheduling consultants in schedule reviews, claims analysis, etc.
- Perform cash flow projections/analysis.
- Perform manpower projections/analysis.
- Communicate effectively with all field staff members and clients to ensure efficient and accurate schedule development and updates.
- Meet with Subcontractors as required in development of a baseline schedule.
- Identify and communicate significant schedule risks to Clients.
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience.
- An AACEi Planning & Schedule Professional (PSP) certification or Project Management Institute (PMP) certifications is desirable but not required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Engineering, Construction or Construction Management required with a minimum of 6 years of experience with scheduling software Primavera P6.
- In addition to 6 years’ experience with P6, proficient with the following software: Primavera P3, Microsoft Project, MS Office.
- Heavy Construction / Highway / Bridge / Rail / Facilities / Airport / Electrical experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Thorough understanding of, and experience in, construction scheduling, program scheduling, cost and resource loading.
- Analyzing project plans for progress and impact to critical path.
- Performs time impact analysis and writes clear reports.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management regarding project status and issues.
- Experience in reviewing schedules made by others and providing reporting of the same.
- Building/achieving consensus and integration of divisional project plans into a master or consolidated plan.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications and an ability to manage multiple tasks.
Compensation and Benefits
Thomas D. Wilson Consulting offers competitive compensation and benefits. The compensation for this position is dependent on qualifications. Employment contracts will be considered as Corp to Corp, Independent Contract, Contract W2. Our benefits package is dependent upon contract type.